First time Wood Ducks

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wade Abadie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Yesterday was the first time I've ever had the opportunity to photograph Wood Ducks. I've seen plenty during my time in southeast Texas, but never when I had a camera. They are among the most beautiful and handsome birds in North America, in my opinion. I hope you guys enjoy...

Nikon Z8 + Nikon 180-600mm

M0EDRsH.jpg

DDEGMTa.jpg

bDViefC.jpg

BjZfsmo.jpg

vLw13VI.jpg

Yesterday was the first time I've ever had the opportunity to photograph Wood Ducks. I've seen plenty during my time in southeast Texas, but never when I had a camera. They are among the most beautiful and handsome birds in North America, in my opinion. I hope you guys enjoy...

Nikon Z8 + Nikon 180-600mm

M0EDRsH.jpg

DDEGMTa.jpg

bDViefC.jpg

BjZfsmo.jpg

vLw13VI.jpg
I agree Wade ! They are beautiful! For some reason I really like that second one the most👍👍👍

Stunning birds. Agree on their beauty; I often think they're as 'tropical' colured bird as we get in Canada. Got my but wet and cold in two spots waiting for a couple pairs of these guys to get close enough for a photo. I was well camo'ed but they were having nothing of it :)

Very nice. When I see them, I am never close enough even with 600mm and a 1.4TC. I envy your captures. Very nice poses and captures; you positioned yourself low and at the animal's eye level. I love Wood Ducks and you have yourself some wall hangers.

Last edited:
Back