If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Larry S.

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I noticed an osprey struggling to get airborne with a fish without success. His/her catch, from what I could see, looked enormous and much larger than the menhaden and shad they usually catch. The osprey eventually gave up, released the fish and flew away. Eagles that live on our creek are notorious fish thieves and will try to steal an osprey’s catch when they can. One such eagle was watching the struggle and flew in to snatch the big fish when the osprey gave up… Seems the fish wasn’t ready to quit either…😲 The eagle’s attempt to subdue and extract the fish failed miserably and he too flew off in frustration…
Z9R_3642.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Z9R_3645.jpeg

Z9R_3664.jpeg

Z9R_3675.jpeg

Z9R_3687.jpeg

Thanks Dan! This occurred yesterday, July 6th. I was actually sitting in our living room and noticed a big commotion on the creek behind our house. I picked up the camera and went out on the deck to get these shots. I’m sure I miss a lot of drama when I’m not paying attention… Likely happens to all of us..