If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jim G

Hi all. Here is a shot of the Milky Way, taken at Grasshopper Point, Oak Canyon, Sedona, Arizona. The glow at the bottom of the sky is from the city.

D3S w/ 16mm f/3.5 Nikkor Fisheye

f/3.5, 30sec, iso 6400

JIM

3SD_4660.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice shot! Love the colors in the image! Can you share the image before correcting the fisheye perspective? I hope to try some Milky Way images this spring, and was wondering about using my 15mm Sig fisheye...... If I don't like the perspective, I'll stick with the 14-24.....

Nice shot! Love the colors in the image! Can you share the image before correcting the fisheye perspective? I hope to try some Milky Way images this spring, and was wondering about using my 15mm Sig fisheye...... If I don't like the perspective, I'll stick with the 14-24.....
Hi Karen.

Thanks. I did nothing to correct the fisheye perspective. This lens is not a circular fisheye, rather a rectangular fisheye.

JIM