Flash with flexshooter pro

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

You can either use a sync cord that goes from your camera hotshoe to your flash off camera or you can use a flash trigger and receiver system for off camera flash. Unless you have someone holding the flash for you, you'll need another stand to put your flash on.

Hello, does anyone have a solution for getting a flash off camera to avoid steeleye? I can do it with my wimberley gimbal but prefer not to take it due to weight.
A few ways I've used:

- Some aftermarket lens feet or lens plates have holes in the front that can be used to mount a flash bracket like the curved flash brackets with matching screw locations to attach to the holes in the front of the Arca Swiss plate/foot.

- There are flash bracket kits like the Wimberley F1 and others that have a small Arca Swiss clamp that grabs a portion of the Arca Swiss lens plate/foot. Most are multiple pieces that go together erector set style to place the flash up high above the lens axis. Here's a used F1 bracket from Roberts at a pretty decent price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4047204762...RLm/faq8QuBljyybFqwD9+yqVi|tkp:Bk9SR4qcsZecYw

- I've cobbled together various flash arms with small inexpensive Arca Swiss clamps that can be found on eBay or Amazon and look something like this:

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 6.06.18 PM.png

Hello, does anyone have a solution for getting a flash off camera to avoid steeleye? I can do it with my wimberley gimbal but prefer not to take it due to weight.
The easiest solution that I’ve used is a flash bracket, which elevates the flash well away from the camera. In addition to the bracket, you’ll need a cord to connect the flash unit to the camera hotshoe.

IMG_0983.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The easiest solution that I’ve used is a flash bracket, which elevates the flash well away from the camera. In addition to the bracket, you’ll need a cord to connect the flash unit to the camera hotshoe.

View attachment 78460
I have this set up except not with Better Beamer................I was specifically asking about doing this set up with the Flexshooter. That would be different because the Wimberly bracket in your pic is attached to the upright arm of the Wimberley head itself which the Flexshooter does not have. But thanks for trying.................

View attachment 78460
I have this set up except not with Better Beamer................I was specifically asking about doing this set up with the Flexshooter. That would be different because the Wimberly bracket in your pic is attached to the upright arm of the Wimberley head itself which the Flexshooter does not have. But thanks for trying.................

Balancing the wimberly flash arm with flex pro is definitely a challenge. It takes a little bit of practice and learning as you use it in the field more and more with different lenses and Teleconvertor etc. message me if you need any specific info

I use Hejnar gear, his replacement lens feet have a double dovetail design and I attach a Hejnar flash bracket to the upper dovetail. Hejnar provides coldshoe mounts as well to use with the flash bracket. I use wireless flash trigger to fire the flash although a flash cable would also work.

Back