FlexShooter Mini Plate

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My photography at this point is limited to digiscoping and I've been trying to find a tripod head that has good smooth functionality but doesn't weight a ton. I mostly digiscope while backpacking so am trying to keep the weight down.

I ran into a fellow that had a FlexShooter mini that he was using for digiscoping and I was extremely impressed with the head. I ordered one but I didn't realize it needs a much larger arca swiss plate than smaller ones you typically see used on spotting scopes. The jaws are too wide to lock in on the plates I have.

I am looking for as low a profile plate as possible because I also want to attach the plate to my binos so they can be used on the FlexShooter as well. I carry my binos in a chest pouch and harness so the plate can't be too big or the binos may not fit in the pouch.

I see that this head has been discussed here on several occasions so thought I'd ask if anyone has any suggestions? I really want to make this thing work for me.

1693158082311.png

That plate looks like a great suggestion! For my binos, I'm using the Aziak bino clamp. A plate can be screwed on to the bottom of it.

Yeah, I just noticed that. I have a trip coming up soon where I'd like to use it. These plates look awesome though. Thinking I'll order them and maybe go with something perhaps not as elegant but readily available, just for this coming trip.

Any other suggestions?

And does anyone happen to know where I can find the jaw measurements (not sure what else to call them) on the Flexshooter mini? I've been looking on google and no luck.

Yeah, I just noticed that. I have a trip coming up soon where I'd like to use it. These plates look awesome though. Thinking I'll order them and maybe go with something perhaps not as elegant but readily available, just for this coming trip.

Any other suggestions?

And does anyone happen to know where I can find the jaw measurements (not sure what else to call them) on the Flexshooter mini? I've been looking on google and no luck.
Andy Rouse was involved in the development of Flexshooter. He is a helpful guy and I’m sure if you email him you will get a response. https://www.flexshooter.co.uk/

I actually returned it thinking I couldn't make it work but am revisiting the idea. That's why I was asking for the measurements... I no longer have it in hand and didn't think to measure the space. I saw the Wimberly plates and thought they'd work. I'm guessing those are of good quality?

There is also Kirk Photo universal plates. I have been looking at them and Wimberely for the 180-600 Z lens but can’t really decide until I have lens in hand and see what size holes are in the foot. Notice the smaller Wimberley’s have lip to prevent movement. I think that as they figure there will be only one bolt.

I did confirm the size 1.5 standard with and 2.25 would give you entire coverage. You might want to go longer so you don’t have to be super precise. The Luma plate won’t really work on a larger lens in my opinion with only one bolt. Should be fine for your needs.

Last edited:
Back