If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ButlerKid

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
This northern flicker repeatedly brought food to the chicks in the nest............... Too bad there was such a busy background.....

_NZ80181-X2.jpg

Nice work Karen….! I can see a little one in the nest hole..waiting..

Nice one, Karen. The BG isn't ideal but certainly not a killer.

Bird is beautiful enough I didn't notice the BG until you mentioned it :) Nice shot.

Thanks so much for commenting, Larry, Dan and Steven! It was the first time I had seen and been able to photograph a flicker. I spent several hours enjoying the experience.

Thanks so much for commenting, Larry, Dan and Steven! It was the first time I had seen and been able to photograph a flicker. I spent several hours enjoying the experience.
I see (more like hear) them often but they refuse to come down from the stratosphere heights of the trees for me; well, unless I don't have my camera and then I used to routinely see them feeding on the ground LOL

Nice! The BG can be fixed easily, if you want to. The image calls for it and you want it ;) 😇
Thanks, Callie. I blurred the background a bit....but left it as is since it does indicate the habitat of the flicker - and the composition and quality of the BIF doesn't warrant IMHO trying to make the image "more" than it is! LOL!