Flickers, in my backyard..

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Louis champan

Supporting Member
Marketplace
During this time of year my backyard draws a number of different Woodpeckers and their young. This particular Flicker comes has come to my backyard every day for the past few weeks.

DSC03547 wf.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC02171 wf.jpg

DSC02173 wf.jpg

Louie

LUCKY YOU! Nice in-flight positions and the backgrounds are pretty good. Recently I found a flicker nest along a road in BC. I stood there a long time trying to get flight shots. I got 2 in-flight shots, but the backgrounds were terrible.

LUCKY YOU! Nice in-flight positions and the backgrounds are pretty good. Recently I found a flicker nest along a road in BC. I stood there a long time trying to get flight shots. I got 2 in-flight shots, but the backgrounds were terrible.
Appreciate it Karen, I guess I'm lucky to have these guys in my backyard everyday.
Super shots Louie, love them all!
Many thanks Ira.
The third one is my favorite. I was in the park the other morning getting some shots of these but they were no where close to the quality of these! mad props!
Thanks for commenting. I live up against a greenbelt so I'm fortunate to have some natural looking backdrops.

Really nice set of shots Louis, I love flickers they are by far my favourite woodpecker species, they really are skittish birds and rarely let you get anywhere near them. I love capturing them in flight with their wings extended to capture their amazing wing colour and pattern. We have the yellow-shafted versions here in my area.

Back