Florida In April - Close to Boca

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hooligans Imagery

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I wanted to narrow down options. I would most love Osprey hunting in the ocean. What other places are recommended for that time frame. I am departing on a trip out of Ft Lauderdale and staying with a friend in Boca for a few days beforehand.

Thanks.

Why limit yourself to osprey feeding in the ocean? In my experience, you can find osprey hunting on every lake in FL. Can’t answer your specific question RE; ocean near Boca, but osprey are quite common throughout FL. they are everywhere there is water. Problem with shooting osprey in the ocean is unless you’re in a boat, you are limited to those birds feeding close to shore. Shooting osprey fishing on a lake is likely to offer easier access

Why limit yourself to osprey feeding in the ocean? In my experience, you can find osprey hunting on every lake in FL. Can’t answer your specific question RE; ocean near Boca, but osprey are quite common throughout FL. they are everywhere ther i# water.
Thanks - good info, now I would have to find lakes closer to me. Could be Ft Lauderdale too for anyone else responding.

Look into Sebastian Inlet and Blue Cypress Lake for Osprey photo opportunities. You'll need a boat for Blue Cypress Lake, and either way, I'd look into getting a guide. (For at least the first day at either place if you have a small window of time to do this.)

Wakodahatchee, in or near Delray Beach is a great spot as well, but can be very crowded; I wouldn't miss the opportunity if I were in Boca Raton for a few days.

Look into Sebastian Inlet and Blue Cypress Lake for Osprey photo opportunities. You'll need a boat for Blue Cypress Lake, and either way, I'd look into getting a guide. (For at least the first day at either place if you have a small window of time to do this.)

Wakodahatchee, in or near Delray Beach is a great spot as well, but can be very crowded; I wouldn't miss the opportunity if I were in Boca Raton for a few days.
Great info. Much closer.

Back