Flower Focus Stacks - My Backyard

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
One advantqage of my wife's gardening passion is the ready availability of photo subjects when I want to play with the cameras. Add to that the Focus Stack class offerred by Steve on this site, and here are a few recent stacks. I will note that Steve's class on Focus Shift/Stacking was an inital draw to this site for me.
Anyway, here are a few stacks from this week. In each case, I shoot wide open using the Z 70-200 and Z 105 macro both of which allow getting close. All shots are of live flowers as they are growing. No clamps or cut flowers are used. Getting a safe, good shooting angle was often a challenge.
All shots processed in LrC and Helicon Focus. I did take time to cleanup imperfections and other defects in the composite images and crop for framing. I use the tools I have to get the outcome I want. I lack drawing or painting skills, so photography with active post processing is what I do.

FlowerStacks_01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

FlowerStacks_02.jpg

FlowerStacks_03.jpg

FlowerStacks_04.jpg

FlowerStacks_05.jpg

FlowerStacks_06.jpg

FlowerStacks_07.jpg

Last edited:
Simply a stunning set of images! Each one is beautiful and unique! #2 is my fav!
Thank you. It is not always possible to get the angles I would prefer, and I cannot step on other flowers to get any of these shots.
but, it is a lot of fun and pushes me figure it out. I like the more "ethereal" look of the composite.

Back