If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ChengHai Yang

Supporting Member
Flower of carambola in my backyard garden.
Taken by Nikon D7200 and EL-Nikkor 50mm lens 2”, f11, iso 200 with helicon focus extension tube and velbon stacking rail.
8D3C77D2-7ACD-431D-BA95-AA631EFD1C80.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

E6660D5C-DCF7-4F05-89EF-09ECC8AAD48B.jpeg

ED8148C4-FA83-4736-A7DA-27DD4222934D.jpeg

@Icarus
Thank you very much to your kindly consideration to my photos. My photos must have not least defective because my technique and skill are in novice level, so please kindly give me much criticism on my works. One word of your criticism is so precious to me.
Once again, please kindly accept my appreciation In advance.
ChengHai Yang

Last edited:
@Icarus
Thank you very much to your kindly consideration to my photos. My photos must have not least defective because my technique and skill are in novice level, so please kindly give me much criticism on my works. One word of your criticism is so precious to me.
Once again, please kindly accept my appreciation In advance.
ChengHai Yang
I particularly like the last two images. Seem to suit the subject better than the horizontal. :)

I particularly like the last two images.
yes, because the processing is ok and they are sharp
#1 is a very nice image but it has a kind if noise. You need to de-noise it and/or make dark tones darker so that black goes more black and maybe there will be less noise visible. I would also brush away all that green stuff because the ones green brunch or what ever it is - it crosses the flowers and distracts and the unsharp leave in the foreground distracts as well. The diagonal composition of flowers is perfect! and the sharpness is also ok
#2 perfect. you see here is black without any noise and nothing what distracts
#3 veery good almost perfect! I would say that the flower can be bit lighter , a bit more whites to add but just a bit. watch the edges: there is something on the edge left from the flower. Take a burn-brush and go through the ends to eliminate all those points. the background on that image is also not black but kind go greenish. That is why it is not perfect like #2 but very close! (y)
good work, @ChengHai Yang !

@ElenaH
Great appreciation! Ms.ElenaH
I absolutely agree and accept your evaluation and criticism. They were so precious to me. I promise to take more careful and study more to get more perfect on my future works.
I have so many friends and followers in EyeEm and Flickr but NONE of them give me a little bit of criticism like yours.
Once again, please accept my highest appreciation.

Last edited:
Such a beautiful and delicate bloom. @ElenaH already made good suggestions to which I can't add much. I like the second and third images better than the first because they are a cleaner presentation. Flower photography is a genre of its own and I'm not qualified offer much critique. Overall I'd say it's a nice effort.