Flower Photo Stacks

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
In early 2021 as I was preparing to return to the US after 12 years in the Middle East, I used my free time to photograph flowers around our compound. We were still "confined" by COVID quarantines so it was luckey that we had many gardens where I could practice. I was doing a lot of focus shift shooting using my Nikon Z6 with the 70-200mm f/2.8S sometimes equipped with a Canon 500D Closeup lens. All shots were stacked in Helicon Focus and final processed in LrC/PS.

These three shots are of the Purple Heart plant which grew in abundance near my humble abode. As I finally get around to going through these images, I expect to post several more photos of different flowers in hte coming days.

Z6, 70-200mm lens @ 175mm, 1/130sec, f/3.5, ISO 140, 4x5 crop, 60 image stack

PurpleHeart-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Z6, 70-200mm lens @ 165mm, 1/100sec, f/3.5, ISO 100, 16x9 crop, 100 image stack. Could have used a few more images here.

PurpleHeart-2.jpg

Z6, 70-200mm lens @ 102mm, 1/100sec, f/4, ISO 125, 5x4 crop, 118 image stack

PurpleHeart-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back