If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Daniel Zdonczyk

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I took this image in Amagusa in May 2022.Taken on a very cloudy day.

On another matter, I want to point out the pleasure that has been to take pictures with the Nikon Z6II, I find the rendition of this camera is superb. It shines especially in brown and green tones. With bright colored birds it's very similar to other Nikon cameras that I have used. However with these more subtle colors is exceptional at showing tone gradations and subtle transitions of light. It does so well that I just use the jpeg images (jokingly: cardinal sin for RAW fans), cropping , a couple of touches and is ready to go. Not even 5 minutes of computer work. Any of you Nikon users have had the same experience with the Nikon Z6II ?
62C_2738R8.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Nice shot. Love the detail in the moss and the colour markings/lines in the feathers!
Thank you so much! This bird has a very interesting black head, grey neck , then olive back and brown and beige wing feathers. I see it as understated beauty.The camera sensor gives it justice.

Beautiful image, Daniel.
To answer your question, yes, I'm getting similar results from my Z6II. Never having used a full frame digital camera prior to getting the Z6II, I find its IQ, especially for such pictures as this one, to be markedly better than what I was getting from the DX Nikons I used before.

Beautiful image, Daniel.
To answer your question, yes, I'm getting similar results from my Z6II. Never having used a full frame digital camera prior to getting the Z6II, I find its IQ, especially for such pictures as this one, to be markedly better than what I was getting from the DX Nikons I used before.
Thank you much. I had the Nikon D800 (also a large sensor) but I think the Z6II has a better rendering overall.