Focus Peaking Question

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Al Wyman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I can't get the Focus Peaking to activate on either my Z8 or Z5. Both are set to Red-level 2. Both are set on my I menu, but both show OFF even though they are set to Red-2. Is there something else that needs to be turned on (or off) that is preventing it from working.

Thanks

I can't get the Focus Peaking to activate on either my Z8 or Z5. Both are set to Red-level 2. Both are set on my I menu, but both show OFF even though they are set to Red-2. Is there something else that needs to be turned on (or off) that is preventing it from working.

Thanks
Have you switched your lens (or camera setting if the lens lacks the switch) to Manual focus mode or M/A mode?

On my Z8 the focus peaking activates either when I'm in full Manual focus mode (usually via the switch on appropriate lenses) or if I'm in M/A mode, the focus is active (i.e. BBAF or shutter release half press depending on how you're set up) and I start manually overriding the focus via the lens ring.

I have a weird quirk in my Canon. I have to actively hold a button programmed to af-off. In my case I use the REC button since I don't need to switch from still to video. Still an oddball thing. I wish it would just peak with the full time manual over-ride, which apparently Nikon does.

Back