Focus Shift Variations

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Four different variations on a theme. Different angle, different number of shots and steps. All shots of the same cluster on a Desert Rose bush on my patio. A nice "captive" environment to practice. I re-watched the Helicon Focus processing videos from Steve's Focus Shift class so I could get some practice and try out some options.
All shot on Nikon1 Z6 with 105mm f/2.8G Micor Nikkor lens. All shot at 1/30 sec, f/3.2, ISO 100 on a tripod and processed in LrC.
The number of shots and the step size varied but I did not record what I did with each shot. I need to do that in the future to better understandwhat works and what does not.
All stacked in Helicon Focus Pyramid method C, Smoothing at 4. Thre 4x5 20mp crops and one square 16mp crop.
Still have much to learn in composition as well as processing. Some variations in the natural lighting and I did not exposure match the shots.

RoseStacks.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
RoseStacks-2.jpg
RoseStacks-3.jpg
RoseStacks-4.jpg
i

Very nice images. :)
Given the COVID restrictions, I find myself limited to subjects within the compound where I reside. There are plenty of flowering plants for relaxation and practice shooting. There are also local birds and a small captive animal collection here but they aren't really subjects for focus shift work.

Back