Focus Stacking

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Recently bought a Z8 , love "playing "with focus staking.
Being of an age where my fingers are not always doing what i want them to do i find that sometimes even on a tripod i move the focus point when trying to press the OK button to start a focus stacking.

Question :- is there away to move from the OK button to a different button to start a focus stacking?

How about doing it the other way around, and disable the "touch to focus" option on the LCD screen (I assume that is what is causing your focus point to move)? You would then set your focus point another way (like using BBAF).

I normally don't use the touch to focus option on the LCD screen, and have never had any problems starting a Focus Stacking sequence.

How about doing it the other way around, and disable the "touch to focus" option on the LCD screen (I assume that is what is causing your focus point to move)? You would then set your focus point another way (like using BBAF).

I normally don't use the touch to focus option on the LCD screen, and have never had any problems starting a Focus Stacking sequence.
His question was about pressing the OK button to start focus stacking.....not to set a focus point.

what i do is press the outer ring around the ok button which moves the focus point, instead of pushing the ok button squarely, can i start the focus stacking by pressing the yellow start box in the menu at top of focus stacking menu?

Thanks SoCalRick
you gave me an idea, never thought of the touch screen (new to electronic cameras)
Have just been playing with the touch screen, i can set up focus position the go to the focus stacking menu and set that up ,
then use a touch pad pen (much easier to control than my fingers at times) to touch the start yellow box top of menu and away it goes doing its thing.

New to this forum , thanking everybody and will be needing help in the future .
Martin

Back