Follow the yellow brick road, Bees and pollen

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

KurtT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
DSC_1705.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_1645-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Awesome photos, Kurt! I do like how the first one looks like the bee is actually following a yellow brick road!
Thanks Mike. I have several different (same type) flower shots and the bees seem to follow same path! Some of my first shots playing with my new D850 last May and 105mm macro. Only thing was trying to decide to crop in or just use the full frame shot which is what this is because I really like the looks of the Arizona Sun flower petals for color.

Beautiful macro shots of the flower and the bee. A little to early for that here, but I am looking forward to it next month. Keep 'em coming!

Beautiful macro shots of the flower and the bee. A little to early for that here, but I am looking forward to it next month. Keep 'em coming!
Thank you. Too early here too Joe, these were from last year first playing with my new camera. They are blooming but bees are a little quiet right now. We had 80-85 degree days 2 weeks ago record heat, this week record cold with high 50-55. Go figure. Online there was a post that attributed a late spring due to supply chain issues!:ROFLMAO:

Nice photos, glad to see these little guys coming around again.
Thank you! The first pic was last spring but we do have alot of bees on Bromage in garden right now so they are around this year and pollinated fruit trees which is shot #2 plum this year. Weather took a wierd turn to the cold this week. We have more rain in April right now than the last 2 mos of winter and picked up 1 to 2 feet snow. Was up on Monitor pass at around9000 ft and snow was spotty so glad we are at least picking up a little more..

Thank you! The first pic was last spring but we do have alot of bees on Bromage in garden right now so they are around this year and pollinated fruit trees which is shot #2 plum this year. Weather took a wierd turn to the cold this week. We have more rain in April right now than the last 2 mos of winter and picked up 1 to 2 feet snow. Was up on Monitor pass at around9000 ft and snow was spotty so glad we are at least picking up a little more..
Well, I am in wisconsin and our temps this week have ranged from freezing to 70 deg F with winds from calm to 50+ mph and rain/sleet/snow. In other words - springtime in the upper midweat.

Last edited:
Well, I am in wisconsin and our temps this week have ranged from freezing to 70 deg F with winds from calm to 50+ mph and rain/sleet/snow. In oter words - springtime in the upper midweat.
I guess why I live in CA

Back