Forum content not working in MacOS Safari

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Is anyone else having a problem getting scroll bars and some buttons to work in the MacOS Safari browser (running Ventura)? The BCG Forum site works perfectly in other browsers but not in Safari for some reason even though I have removed all possible restrictions for the site.

Any ideas?

Is anyone else having a problem getting scroll bars and some buttons to work in the MacOS Safari browser (running Ventura)? The BCG Forum site works perfectly in other browsers but not in Safari for some reason even though I have removed all possible restrictions for the site.

Any ideas?
It's working fine for me. No problems at all.

UPDATE: I'm using Sonoma (MacOS 14.5)

Last edited:

Any ideas?
Works fine on my iPad. I realize that’s not MacOS. I noticed last night it was a little slow but today back to normal. Every now and then the site has a little hicup.

Any ideas?
None on my iPad. Is you OS current?

Thanks all - I guess it must just be a quirk of my 2017 Intel Mac running Ventura. To be fair most other things died after installing Ventura. One upgrade too far I fear. Thanks for all of your comments.

Any ideas?
Yes. It's been happening periodically for the past several weeks. Sometimes killing Safari and opening a new session resolves the problem, other times it does not. Safari 17.5 and Sonoma 14.5.

On my M2 with latest OS, the forums in Safari have been very hit or miss in recent weeks. Sometimes navigation is possible, sometimes not. Fine in all other browsers, must be a Safari 'quirk' at the moment. To navigate within the forum this time took 2 'refreshes' and a 'reload'. Sometimes needs several 'reloads', other times works straight away.
Also, occasionally shows unformatted list before changing to forum layout

On my M2 with latest OS, the forums in Safari have been very hit or miss in recent weeks. Sometimes navigation is possible, sometimes not. Fine in all other browsers, must be a Safari 'quirk' at the moment. To navigate within the forum this time took 2 'refreshes' and a 'reload'. Sometimes needs several 'reloads', other times works straight away.
Also, occasionally shows unformatted list before changing to forum layout
Thanks - it’s weird, it only happens on the BCG Forum site which works perfectly in FireFox and DuckDuckGo.

Any ideas?
Yes! Also running Ventura on an M1 MacBook Pro and a 2017 Intel iMac. Both show symptoms of what you reported, although I've noticed it more on the MacBook Pro. BCG Forums appear to be the worse offender, but I've encountered the problem on other sites, including DuckDuckGo. Work-arounds appear to be opening BCG forum link in a new tab, duplicating a hung tab and closing the old, or restarting Safari. I've noticed the problem becomes more noticeable when multiple tabs are open in the browser. I don't believe this a BCG problem. I started having problems after Apple rolled out a maintenance update some months ago.

Just a thought, are you running any Safari extensions? I run a couple and I'm wondering if one of those could be involved, given that so few have observed this problem.

Dave

No problems here with my Mac Studio M1. The only thing I've had is the occasional hiccup when trying to load the site. It'll just sit there and try to load. A few minutes later it'll go as fast as anything but that happens on all my devices and usually it's an indication of some weird problem with internet providers.

I have a 2016 Macbook pro running Monterey, the last OS the will run on this model. I have not been able to view photo content for the past 6 months. The only way I can reliably view photos on the forum is to not be signed in as a member. Kinda sucks in that I can't comment on all the beautiful photos. I have tried everything I could come up with short of buying a new MacBook pro. This is the only website I have an issue with.

I have a 2016 Macbook pro running Monterey, the last OS the will run on this model. I have not been able to view photo content for the past 6 months. The only way I can reliably view photos on the forum is to not be signed in as a member. Kinda sucks in that I can't comment on all the beautiful photos. I have tried everything I could come up with short of buying a new MacBook pro. This is the only website I have an issue with.
It does seem to be something specific to the Forum website and MacOS Safari in my case a well - I don't get it with any other site or any other browser.

Back