FPS || canon r10 with canon ef 400mm f5.6

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello guys! Do anyone has the canon r10 and the 400 5.6? How is the fps(are decreasing)? I have heard that when you use this combo the fps (in photo mode) are significantly lower than the 15fps in the mechanical an the 23fps in the el. shutter that this camera can shoot.
Thanks in advanve, Nick :)

Either way, if you fill the buffer the frame rate will slow down until the pictures have been written to the memory card regardless of the frame rate you set or if the shutter is mechanical or electronic.
Why would the buffer fill up so fast? I think in comresed raw (c-raw) you can shoot up to 4-5 seconds.

Why would the buffer fill up so fast? I think in comresed raw (c-raw) you can shoot up to 4-5 seconds.

How fast is fast? Does your memory card have a fast write speed? If you are using a memory card that has a slow write speed the buffer will take longer to write to the card and that will clog up the buffer and slow the frame rate because there is insufficient room in the buffer for the pictures you are taking.

How fast is fast? Does your memory card have a fast write speed? If you are using a memory card that has a slow write speed the buffer will take longer to write to the card and that will clog up the buffer and slow the frame rate because there is insufficient room in the buffer for the pictures you are taking.
I use a v90 sd card( approximately 300mbps read and write spead).

I use a v90 sd card( approximately 300mbps read and write spead).

That's good. So how long are you shooting before the frame rate slows? Are you shooting in RAW or jpg? In the manual does it say if the frame rate it quotes is subject to any restrictions? For instance the max frame rate is only achieved if you shoot in (say) small jpg and low quality?

Last edited:
Thank you all! I shoot comresed raw (c-raw). When the buffer fills it stops taking pictures. AlsoI dont know how to set to take pictures if the camera cants focus, I have to search the menus☹️

Canon calls it servo (where Nikon would say af-c) and one shot (where nikon would say af-s). Servo will try to refocus continuously as you or the subject moves. It is the more common setting for wildlife since the subject may move and you want the focus to adapt. One shot locks in a focus point with the half press (or bbf) and holds it locked in at that distance as long as you keep holding even if you or the subject moves. One shot is the one that has choices whether to allow shooting if no focus lock. It shouldn't matter since you will be in servo.

Canon calls it servo (where Nikon would say af-c) and one shot (where nikon would say af-s). Servo will try to refocus continuously as you or the subject moves. It is the more common setting for wildlife since the subject may move and you want the focus to adapt. One shot locks in a focus point with the half press (or bbf) and holds it locked in at that distance as long as you keep holding even if you or the subject moves. One shot is the one that has choices whether to allow shooting if no focus lock. It shouldn't matter since you will be in servo.
Υes, I know it. But there is a setting that allows the camera to take pictures even if it has't focused.

Υes, I know it. But there is a setting that allows the camera to take pictures even if it has't focused.

Only in the one shot mode I believe there are submenus covering whether to fire when unfocused. I believe servo shoots every time no matter if there is focus lock or no. If it is similar to other Canons then in one shot you get a green focus confirmation but in servo you get a blue confirmation.

Only in the one shot mode I believe there are submenus covering whether to fire when unfocused. I believe servo shoots every time no matter if there is focus lock or no. If it is similar to other Canons then in one shot you get a green focus confirmation but in servo you get a blue confirmation.
Thank you bleirer!

Back