Frogtography

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just joined the forum. Looks like a great place! I live in Costa Rica and do a lot of wildlife photography. I also have a small studio in my house on the southern Pacific coast and I bring small animals inside for a few minutes to photograph them there and then release them where I found them....I have a lagoon about 15 to 20 meters in front of my front door, and during the rainy season it's a gathering/breeding spot at night for various species of frogs and toads. Below is an image of an olive snouted treefrog that I made in my studio (I hope that is allowed here....if not, please let me know). Also included is the same image before I "corrected" a few things in post (my post skills are still somewhat novice level) and I'm interested in knowing if I did an acceptable job. As you can see, one toe on his right front foot is curled unnaturally...I removed it and used a clone of one of his other toes to replace it. Additionally, his rear left leg was situated in a way that it made it look like his front left foot had five toes....so i removed the extra toes.

Nikon D850 + 105mm Micro-Nikkor f/2.8
Two 400W Godox strobes with Godox Octa Softboxes
1/200 @ f/22 ISO 64

Note: I was unable to include photos inline because the file sizes were too large so I have linked to them instead.

Full Res final image:

Screen Shot of image before corrections done in post:

Back