from film to digital 60 yr old photos

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently bought a slide scanner ,at long last, to go through very old photos taken about 60 years ago on my Voightlander Vito CL camera. these are a steam tractor rally taken in surrey all those years ago
PICT0004.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004a.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

also got some of a verean car run from London to Brighton UK but not sortred them yet

realspeed, this is another reminder to continue with my own scanning of old photos, negatives and slides.

Thank you for sharing these images with us. The saturation, especially of those reds and blues is just wonderful!

may be away for a few days as getting a new computer tomorrow? self build. also reinstalling apps may take a time. this one is nearl;y 11 years old and won't do Windows11 etc

"Interesting" colour.
Yes, I’ve seen some interesting colour shifts when scanning old transparencies. Some take quite a bit of work to get to acceptable, others you just have to accept it. It’s not all bad, just different.
the biggest issue I find is scratches in the emulsion. Modern scanning or photographing really magnify them. TG for photoshop

Back