From Hot Dry Deserts to Sub Zero Antarctic Snow and Blue Ice

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Paul T

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Cheese-Iceberg.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A Small ice berg with blue ice and swiss cheese like 'holes'.

Blue-Ice-Face.jpg

An amazing sight. The electric blue of the ice capped with the white snow is simply a stunning vision.

Australia-Ice-Map-Berg-at-Bottom-of-Screen.jpg

For the Ozzies can you spot the ice map of Australia including Tasmania?

bird-on-an-iceberg.jpg

Another 'Berg'. This one with a bird hitching a ride.

Ice-Scree-Leading-to-Landfall-&-Black-Hills.jpg

An ice flow that looks a little like a very low level path (side walk) that could be walked over to reach land.

Last edited:
Fantastic... where were these taken? Loving that 2nd one!
Thanks Gordon. Taken at various locations around the Antarctic Peninsula. I cannot be too specific as I didn't note the location of each shot. Needless to say it is a trip well worth while doing if you ever have the opportunity.

Great shots. A trip that has been on my list for a long time, sadly it never eventuated during my working life. It still might if I get lucky. Yep, picked up on the map, but I do detect it may have had a little Aussie intervention in its creation and Papua New Guinea is a bit too far to the east. :):)

Lovely set of pictures,Paul,
On my bucket list ,but out of reach at the moment with our local exchange rate :mad:,
Gavin
It certainly isn’t a cheap trip Gavin. It took me a number of years of saving my ‘pennies’ to pay for my trip. Well worth it though.

Great shots. A trip that has been on my list for a long time, sadly it never eventuated during my working life. It still might if I get lucky. Yep, picked up on the map, but I do detect it may have had a little Aussie intervention in its creation and Papua New Guinea is a bit too far to the east. :):)
It was a trip I did in retirement Peter. Just before Covid struck the world. A brand new ship made it even more enjoyable.

Back