If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Took out my FujiFilm X-T3 today and hooked up my Tamron 150-600mm lens (Nikon Mount) with the Fringer adaptor to test it out and see what the IQ would be like with an adapted lens, have to say I am very impressed.

Got this image of a Welcome Swallow.

xt3small-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hi @Rustic land ,

Great image.

What is your impression of the autofocus with the Tamron 150-600 G2 on the X-T3?
I'm enjoying my Fujinon 100-400 but miss the reach I used to have with previous lenses.

Thanks,
Tiago

Hi @Rustic land ,

Great image.

What is your impression of the autofocus with the Tamron 150-600 G2 on the X-T3?
I'm enjoying my Fujinon 100-400 but miss the reach I used to have with previous lenses.

Thanks,
Tiago
Hi Tiago,

It is fast however when comparing it to the Nikon D500 for birds in flight it is slightly slower, no problems with lockon and staying locked on once focus is obtained.

If using it for static images or slow moving wildlife the autofocus is equal to the Nikon, so overall very close to if it was mounted directly on my D500 with the exception of being slightly slower for BIF but the D500 is built for sports action and wildlife where the X-T3 isn't.