Gator with Flounder catch of the day

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gdecamp

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Taken this morning at the park. This is using the Z9, 800pf and the new firmware 2.1. I guess the flounder eye recognition works! ;)
hbsp070722__1440.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

NIKON Z 9 NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S lens 800mm f/6.3 1/2000s 1400 ISO -0.3 EV

Last edited:
Great catch! Not an image you see too often. Well done
Thanks very much! I always liked to get low for my images when I lived on Long Island but can't do that around here at this park anyway, this is why! lol Lots of gators but today they were very active!

Caught in just in time for both of you. Saltwater marsh?
Thank you! It's a brackish marsh. Saltwater across the street and other side that this was on is freshwater but brackish from the salt across the road. They have trunks to let water flow from one side to the other when needed which lets in fish as well from the salt side. Interesting place, Huntington Beach Park in South Carolina. It's about a 15min ride from my house.

... Interesting place, Huntington Beach Park in South Carolina. It's about a 15min ride from my house. ...
It is a wonderful place. My family used to visit Huntington Beach SP every time we visited my in-laws who lived in Murrells Inlet for about twenty years. But in all of those trips, I never really got to spend any time there seriously pursuing photography. My loss!

It is a wonderful place. My family used to visit Huntington Beach SP every time we visited my in-laws who lived in Murrells Inlet for about twenty years. But in all of those trips, I never really got to spend any time there seriously pursuing photography. My loss!
How about that! Yeah it's an awesome spot. When I was ready to retire we looked around and decided on SC. I happened to go to that park before we bought anything and said this is it! We got a lot 15min away and bult a house! I go there 3-4 days a week now!

Back