GBH Rookery - New Photos

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I visited a nearby Great Blue Heron Rookery on Friday 24 June to see how things are progressing. The residents are growing quickly and there was plenty of wing flapping, but no youngsters taking flight yet. I was there for about 45 minutes and got over 1000 photos. Still culling and processing all in LrC. These are all crops with the first couple at 7mp and the remainder at 16mp. Beautiful, cloudless blue sky. Went about 730am so the sun ws not too harsh yet. The shots below are one sequence of a return to the nest and the greetings received.

This set with the D850, 500F and TC14EIII. Many other shots with Z9 to follow in separate posts.

GBHFlight.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

GBHFlight-2.jpg

GBHFlight-3.jpg

GBHFlight-4.jpg

GBHFlight-5.jpg

GBHFlight-6.jpg

GBHFlight-7.jpg

GBHFlight-8.jpg

I visited a nearby Great Blue Heron Rookery on Friday 24 June to see how things are progressing. The residents are growing quickly and there was plenty of wing flapping, but no youngsters taking flight yet. I was there for about 45 minutes and got over 1000 photos. Still culling and processing all in LrC. These are all crops with the first couple at 7mp and the remainder at 16mp. Beautiful, cloudless blue sky. Went about 730am so the sun ws not too harsh yet. The shots below are one sequence of a return to the nest and the greetings received.

This set with the D850, 500F and TC14EIII. Many other shots with Z9 to follow in separate posts.

View attachment 41670

View attachment 41671

View attachment 41672

View attachment 41674

View attachment 41675

View attachment 41676

View attachment 41677

View attachment 41678
Boy, that parent has its hands full😜👍👍👍

Reactions: JAS
Back