If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

grossidm

Marketplace
I thought this image was a good example of when to [mostly] leave noise in an image and not try to make an ISO-6400 shot "look like" an ISO-64 shot. Of course this is merely my opinion - do whatever you like. The only noise reduction I did was a +15 color noise in LR. I doubt it would have even been noticeable had I not.

MY9_8861.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

That's a nice image. Did you leave in the default Lightroom NR or dial it back to zero?

That's a nice image. Did you leave in the default Lightroom NR or dial it back to zero?
Thanks. I dialed luminance NR down to 0, and the color NR to +17 (not 15 like I originally thought). For shots like this I take them both to zero, zoom to 100%, then adjust the color NR to the minimum amount to remove color noise. It generally only takes a +15 to +20 of color NR to get rid of the weird stuff.

Thanks. I dialed luminance NR down to 0, and the color NR to +17 (not 15 like I originally thought). For shots like this I take them both to zero, zoom to 100%, then adjust the color NR to the minimum amount to remove color noise. It generally only takes a +15 to +20 of color NR to get rid of the weird stuff.
Sure worked here.