If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The bighorn sheep I chase are too often impossible to approach because of terrain. The first shot gives some idea of that and the second shows the ram after he stood up and started to leave and why the 800 pf sometimes has to have the 1.4 TC attached. I did have to lug the 800 some distance to get the second shot.

Z92_0924-Edit-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_AWR5557-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The picture was taken in the valley of the Clark Fork River in Montana. It is a very long river and one can locate bighorns all the way from outside of Anaconda, MT, to near the border with Idaho.

The bighorn sheep I chase are too often impossible to approach because of terrain. The first shot gives some idea of that and the second shows the ram after he stood up and started to leave and why the 800 pf sometimes has to have the 1.4 TC attached. I did have to lug the 800 some distance to get the second shot.

View attachment 78535

View attachment 78538
Great capture of a majestic pose.