Glacier National Park

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

GregT943

A few from my recent trip to Glacier National Park. The first half of the trip had challenging conditions due to very harsh sunlight and completely cloudless skies. All of these images were taken on my Nikon Z8 and the Nikon Z 14-30, except for the misty cliff shot, which was with my Z 24-120 lens.

GP.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Grinnell Point at sunset, Many Glacier area. This was a 4 second long exposure at 64 ISO.

VF.jpg

Virginia Falls, in the St. Mary side of GTS road. This is two images focus stacked and blended. The flowers were moving a lot from the wind generated by the falls. So The first shot was focused on the flowers with a fast shutter speed to freeze their motion. The second shot was focused on the falls with a long shutter speed to blur the water.

LM.jpg

Lake McDonald. This is 3 images focus stacked. Unfortunately the 4 days I spent at Lake McDonald lodge had very harsh sun and no clouds at all. Great for hiking, not great for photography.

AL.jpg

Avalanche lake, west side of Glacier National Park.

GNP.jpg

Some morning mist coming off the cliffs in the Many Glacier are of the park.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the shooting conditions, that's always discouraging on a photo trip. It could have been worse, I had a trip planned to Glacier NP and when we were about an hour away, I was talking to a guy at a gas station who asked me where I was going. I told him Glacier NP and he told me the road was closed there due to a forest fire, so we had to divert to somewhere else after having driven from Illinois to get there. The good part was we went up to Banff NP. It was beautiful at Banff, and we had a wonderful time.

Back