Godox V860IIN firmware update

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My Godox V860IIN Flash will not work with both my Nikon D850 as well as my Nikon Z6II. Does work fine with my Nikon D750. I have been trying to update the firmware however I can’t seem to get the flash to show up on my computer. I continue to get a connection failed prompt. If there is anyone that has been able to do this successfully I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

I assume you are on Windows. Check instructions for disabling Windows driver signing enforcement below F1 section of Adorama flashpoint Site. The F1 is the same as G1 per Godox. There is a way for temporarily disabling for 1 reboot.
Remove battery from flash, as powered from usb for update. Try more than 1 cable if fail. Some phone cables are for charge only, need data capable cable.

I assume you are on Windows. Check instructions for disabling Windows driver signing enforcement below F1 section of Adorama flashpoint Site. The F1 is the same as G1 per Godox. There is a way for temporarily disabling for 1 reboot.
Remove battery from flash, as powered from usb for update. Try more than 1 cable if fail. Some phone cables are for charge only, need data capable cable.

Thank you so much, I was able to make the update. I have been trying to do this for over a year and half unsuccessfully. I just give up and move on. Now I have it updated both and the Nikon D850 as well as the Nikon Z6II is working properly with the flash. I really appreciate being able to get information from people much smarter than I am to help me out on things like this.

Glad you got it sorted. Godox can really work on better firmware update software and documentation. I used to use an old WinXp laptop for Godox, as this issue allready started on Windows7 or 8. Mac users have no easy way & best to do it at a friend with Windows.

You are also able to flash unit with firmware of a different unit, so be extra careful that you download the correct one. No built-in model nr checks etc. I once managed to flash X1t-n with x1r-n firmware by mistake and did not want to turn on. Took me a while to realize what I did wrong and luckily worked again when reflashed with corrct one

Back