If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

At my cottage. Shot taken with my D800, RRS Tripod/Ballhead, 70-200 + 2TC, Manual: 2500 Shutter Speed/F6.3/Auto ISO as in viewable Exif. I set my single focus point at top lip of box using BBF then recomposed guessing entry alignment waiting for her return. Trying to get decent shot at 4F/Sec. Next sequence shot after this saw her butt in box. I've huge respect for BIF photographers....not easy! I'm a holdout for new camera body but mean time use what I have. I'm new at LrC but working through it and viewing course material when time. Would have liked the eye sharper so did hard sharpness in LrC. Understand my lens with/2xTC combo not best for sharpness. Would have liked a 500PF but.....don't have one. Thanks in advance, Glen

Attachments

• DSC_3936.jpeg
    DSC_3936.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 105
Nice effort, Glen. Not sure what you're looking for by way of critique. Techs look good. Good exposure and the bird's head looks to be in focus. You did good with the 4fps limit. If I remember right can't you squeeze 5fps out of the D800 if you shoot in crop mode? Or is that only with the grip? I've slept since then so memory is fuzzy.

Very nice fun shot... like the pose too. Have you tried removing the wee bit of blurred greenery top right. It might reduce the distraction and keep the viewer‘s eye stuck on that funky duck! Well done

All your preparations paid off in getting that shot. I think it's pretty amazing.

I also take a lot of bird/BIF photos. My really good ones are few. It seems like there's always something that coulda/shoulda been been better/different.

Nice effort, Glen. Not sure what you're looking for by way of critique. Techs look good. Good exposure and the bird's head looks to be in focus. You did good with the 4fps limit. If I remember right can't you squeeze 5fps out of the D800 if you shoot in crop mode? Or is that only with the grip? I've slept since then so memory is fuzzy.
Yes, I feel limited but crop mode my have given me bit more FPS. I’m going to get another camera/lens.
All your preparations paid off in getting that shot. I think it's pretty amazing.

I also take a lot of bird/BIF photos. My really good ones are few. It seems like there's always something that coulda/shoulda been been better/different.
Thank you.

Dan, was wondering if Topaz sharpening better. Have time to research that but always looking to improve keepers.

Dan, was wondering if Topaz sharpening better. Have time to research that but always looking to improve keepers.
I use the Topaz AI suite of products and am quite impressed. Like most pixel editing type software it has its place and doesn't work on all shots all the time.