If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

2020 wasn't all bad. For me, I discovered nature photography! :D

Nikon D750, Nikkor 200-500mm, handheld, cropped only to straighten
1/1000 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100, 500mm
RSA_3579.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

One to one crop to show the little cuties
RSA_3579a.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Rich

Wonderful Post Rich!👍👍👍
Thanks very much Ralph!

Really nice picture!
Thanks Bill! Much appreciated!

A truly stunning shot! I have the Nikkor 70-300mm lens and it's so sharp even at 300mm. Do you recommend the 200-500mm for the extra reach?
Thanks Sam! The 200-500mm is the only lens I have any personal experience with (over 200mm). I really like it! It enables me to get out there. If you could have seen my face the first time I looked through it about ten months ago... LOL. I have read many time that there are sharper options than this 200-500mm, but for the value for the money there's nothing quite like it. It's all I can afford at this point in time, so that's what I use, and I really like it so far. I would recommend it, yes!

That's such a nice photo! It's really a great feeling when you get an opportunity like you had and can make the most of it.
Thanks McFleye! Yep, for sure! This photo is a great reminder to me to just get out there with your camera, and don't worry too much about the current light/weather conditions. This shot was taken in the late morning, well past the golden hour, but it still worked out for me. I worked a little bit for this one. I was out on a bicycle ride (as I very regularly do) and stopped for a quick snack and a drink by this large body of water. I saw this family of Goldeneyes way out on the water (out of reach) but it looked like they were making there way toward shore on a bit of a diagonal angle. So I kinda followed along the general direction they were moving in. Actually sped myself up a bit in anticipation of where they were going to be, that way when they got there I wouldn't be moving around a bunch. Just crouched down/limited my movement, and as luck would have it they decided to hop up on this short little log for a quick break. They were only like that for, I would guess, less than 5 seconds and then they were off again. I didn't follow them after that, just trying not to spook them I guess.

Great shots, Rich!
Thank-you Greg! Just one shot though. The second image is just a 1200x800 sized crop to show the ducklings in more detail.