If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bsinc1962

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Had to manual focus. Z9 was struggling it was coming down so heavy.
Snowglobe sm.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thanks. I took a few closeups but I like how this one gives a bit more environment.
When I started wildlife photography in the day of slides, it was the in-thing to get in close-up and personal, up to the eye lashes or just part of a trunk or horn. I have done so many of those and tight cropping - still do, but also find that some in the environment images just speaks a bit more to me these days. I tend to shoot double images, or more, if the subject is not moving; say, one of the face, one the background behind or above it, maybe even the FG, and then merge them all in PS to get a composite image in the environment. It is nearly the same as shooting panos, but basically FG to BG, including the subject. There is a different magic in an environmental shot! I also do telephoto landscape-like shots to place the subjects in their environment.