If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

One thing about wildlife photography...you never know what you might come across. This photo all began with me noticing two "gangs" of Canada geese swimming towards each other; necks outstretched and honking wildly. I began tracking the action and as they got closer to each other wings got spread out, torsos went upright and then...bam, they were on each other. After the excitement died down a bit they all swam off together. Dominance had been established and everyone could settle down...

Canada geese.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

One thing about wildlife photography...you never know what you might come across. This photo all began with me noticing two "gangs" of Canada geese swimming towards each other; necks outstretched and honking wildly. I began tracking the action and as they got closer to each other wings got spread out, torsos went upright and then...bam, they were on each other. After the excitement died down a bit they all swam off together. Dominance had been established and everyone could settle down...

View attachment 49504
Great shot👍👍

Great shot! In my experience it's hard to get anything but water flying in the air and partially visible body parts when geese go at it.

Great shot! In my experience it's hard to get anything but water flying in the air and partially visible body parts when geese go at it.
Thanks Woody. There was plenty of water flying all over the place this photo was one of one in the sequence where the dust (so to speak) had settled enough to be able to see the action.