Gotcha!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
On vacation in Boynton Beach last week and residing in a friend's condo, my photo outings were all about getting to the wetlands in the area.
The condo is in a gated community with a rather stagnant-looking, polluted canal running past behind the condo. Add to that the fact that the water level is about 8 feet lower than ground level and the birds at the water's edge are much lower than me, shooting from the banks. This left me with little desire to waste any time with the canal since the wetlands were more attractive.

At one stage this Great Egret came along and started wading in the water. Not expecting much I got the camera and kneeled down on the bank to watch the bird. I was ready with burst mode when it made a catch. The light was beautiful at that time.

Z6II, Nikkor200-500mm F/5.6, TC-14E III. 1/500 sec, F/10, ISO 560.

Z62_5571A.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Z62_5575A.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
On vacation in Boynton Beach last week and residing in a friend's condo, my photo outings were all about getting to the wetlands in the area.
The condo is in a gated community with a rather stagnant-looking, polluted canal running past behind the condo. Add to that the fact that the water level is about 8 feet lower than ground level and the birds at the water's edge are much lower than me, shooting from the banks. This left me with little desire to waste any time with the canal since the wetlands were more attractive.

At one stage this Great Egret came along and started wading in the water. Not expecting much I got the camera and kneeled down on the bank to watch the bird. I was ready with burst mode when it made a catch. The light was beautiful at that time.

Z6II, Nikkor200-500mm F/5.6, TC-14E III. 1/500 sec, F/10, ISO 560.

View attachment 36605

View attachment 36607
Nice shots. Someday everyone needs to post the wide shot with the photo of what we are capturing. Beauty in the middle of ugly!

Oh my gosh, you even had a plastic bottle in the shot, for real?!!!. You weren't kidding about the environment. Like your crop even better now. I love it. Thanks for the wide view!
The old story about making lemonade when life hands you lemons.......

Back