Gouldian Finches in the wild

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

kkr_images

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Many years ago, my husband and I tried our hand at breeding finches. We were on a tight budget at the time so we bought pairs of the less expensive birds such as the Zebra finch. I was always envious of other breeders who could afford to breed the amazingly beautiful Gouldians. Over time, my interest in birds shifted from breeding them to photographing them. So, it was with extreme delight that I was able to see Gouldian finches in the wild ,coming in to drink at a small creek in the Australian Outback. These birds are just as beautiful as I remembered and even more special when yseen
Gouldian Finch pair drink at the creek's edge.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Gouldian Finch (m) and reflection.jpg
Gouldian Finch (m) perched by the water hole copy.jpg
in their natural habitat. The calm water and beautiful reflection were a bonus. Notice that the male Gouldian finch naturally comes with either red or black feathers and these two variations can often be seen together.

Back