If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Marco74

Dear Friends,
Here are some new photos of my last excursion in the mountains, some weeks ago. The atmosphere was fantastic because the previous night it had snowed.
I went up to 2200/2400 with a friend searching for chamois and ibex. We found them, but we were not so lucky with their position.
_Z9M5557.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_Z9M5558.jpg

_Z9M6472.jpg
_Z9M5944.jpg

These are my favourites:
_Z9M6330.jpg

_Z9M5583.JPG

Great images, challenging I bet!
Thanks, Bob.
Not so much challenging. The elevation. from the car parking was not so much, around 300/350m; there was 40cm of fresh snow on the ground, but some parts of the path were very slippery. My friend and I fell into the snow two or three times. Nothing to worry about. With a few curses and a few laughs, I was back on my feet.

Awesome set! I really like that you've included the surrounding environment in the compositions.
Thanks, Hobb. The Animalscape are my favourite shot, especially when the subjects are common. Unfortunately, finding the subject in the right place or pose is not always easy. What many photographers underestimate is that animals are not like models; they don't pose on command and don't collaborate to make a good photo.

Dear Friends,
Here are some new photos of my last excursion in the mountains, some weeks ago. The atmosphere was fantastic because the previous night it had snowed.
I went up to 2200/2400 with a friend searching for chamois and ibex. We found them, but we were not so lucky with their position. View attachment 50790
View attachment 50791
View attachment 50792View attachment 50793

These are my favourites:
View attachment 50794
View attachment 50795
Incredible series! What a gorgeous setting. Well done Marco👍👍👍

Excellent set. The wide shots really work well in this setting. Nice job.
Thanks, Dan. This part of the park is at the end of a narrow valley and the landscape on the end of the path is amazing.
Last year in November there was a BBC troop that was filming Ibex and bearded vulture. I met them.

Very nice. Love the snow! I've moved to a city in Canada where, certainly with climate change, winter just doesn't deliver
This year, in that mountain there is the correct quantity of snow. The problem, there, is that sometimes the snow will arrive in great quantities one a few days that make the place inaccessible. I remember in 2019 that just before Christmas there were more than 2 meters. The road to reach the place where I took these photos was closed due to avalanche risk. So sometimes the snow is a problem.

Beautiful shots especially as you must remain attentive to your own safety. We are not chamois 👏 ;)
Thanks, Philippe.
You have a right; it is essential to never under-evaluate the mountain.
I did that excursion many times in different seasons. I know the path quite well, but the snow covers every little pitfall. We slipped on the ground a few times despite the attention. I'm usually in the company of knowledgeable people, but not this time. I was with a friend who has been following me on my excursions recently; he is smart but lacks experience. The tours are always planned according to his abilities, always putting safety first.

This year, in that mountain there is the correct quantity of snow. The problem, there, is that sometimes the snow will arrive in great quantities one a few days that make the place inaccessible. I remember in 2019 that just before Christmas there were more than 2 meters. The road to reach the place where I took these photos was closed due to avalanche risk. So sometimes the snow is a problem.
Yah, automobiles, the need to use them, ruin winter too often! :)