Great Crested Grebe Diving (A Different Take!)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

markymark

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Took this of a Great Crested Grebe mid dive & turned the image vertically to get a different take on it, I really like it but would be good to hear your thoughts.
MGP_2509-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I think it’s an amazing, amazing photo. Everything is perfect, I’m just wondering if keeping this horizontal would have a better result. It took me a long time to realize what I was looking at here. I don’t think having it horizontal will mess up the symmetry and story, and it might even enhance it. Well done

I think it’s an amazing, amazing photo. Everything is perfect, I’m just wondering if keeping this horizontal would have a better result. It took me a long time to realize what I was looking at here. I don’t think having it horizontal will mess up the symmetry and story, and it might even enhance it. Well done
Many thanks. 👍

Many thanks. 👍
MGP_2509-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

It's an amazing shot horizontally! I'm not a big fan of the vertical one but I feel like the general public (if you have Instagram or FB to post it on) would really like it vertically.
Many thanks, I just thought it really made you look at it in the vertical position.
👍👍

I think the horizontal works better in this aspect ratio but the vertical has that "huh, what... initial impact".

Maybe, if you have the pixels, try a 1:1 aspect ratio of the vertical version.

Back