If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This year was my first time going to northern Minnesota to capture Grey Greys. I'm in my fifth year of photography and I'm honestly glad I waited to go. I felt like my experience level was enough to start traveling to some wildlife destinations and be able to come back with some decent amount of images. So I thought I would share one of those with you. Helpfully suggestions are always
850_1389Web.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
That's a nice shot, Robert. The only suggestion I have is that if the image is cropped maybe revisit and leave a bit more head room over the bird. Maybe place the eyes on the top 1/3 line of the frame.

This year was my first time going to northern Minnesota to capture Grey Greys. I'm in my fifth year of photography and I'm honestly glad I waited to go. I felt like my experience level was enough to start traveling to some wildlife destinations and be able to come back with some decent amount of images. So I thought I would share one of those with you. Helpfully suggestions are always View attachment 54210
Beautiful

This year was my first time going to northern Minnesota to capture Grey Greys. I'm in my fifth year of photography and I'm honestly glad I waited to go. I felt like my experience level was enough to start traveling to some wildlife destinations and be able to come back with some decent amount of images. So I thought I would share one of those with you. Helpfully suggestions are always View attachment 54210
Awesome looking photo Robert👍👍👍

I’ll be surprised if he was NOT at: https://saxzim.org/
? Although I lived in MN for 17 years, I’ve never been there. Some day …
Good eye Chuck I loved being up there but the Great Grays were hard to come by this year we only had three sightings some people even less and some not at all. However there are so many different types of wildlife up there to capture if the owls are difficult.

I was in MN in late Feb. 2005 when there was a Great Gray irruption. It was the same year that Nat Geo featured Great Grays as the cover article. We saw over 30 between Hinckley MN and the St. Croix River. That was long before I became interested in birding and photography.

I was in MN in late Feb. 2005 when there was a Great Gray irruption. It was the same year that Nat Geo featured Great Grays as the cover article. We saw over 30 between Hinckley MN and the St. Croix River. That was long before I became interested in birding and photography.
I heard about that by a few of the local guides what we spoke with. It must have been pretty amazing to see that many.