If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Alexis

Taken in Inner Mongolia, China.
IMG_1295.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hello Alexis and welcome to the forum.

What a phenomenal image! I love the way he is nestled in the white flowers with the purple flowers offsetting him. Great smooth background.

I’m looking at it on my phone so hard to judge sharpness etc but it looks great. Lovely photo! Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful! Could you share a little more on how you got this shot including camera + lens and settings? ? I've only seen photos of these owls in tree limbs in the forest - this is a pretty unique composition!

Beautiful! Could you share a little more on how you got this shot including camera + lens and settings? ? I've only seen photos of these owls in tree limbs in the forest - this is a pretty unique composition!
This location is the hunting ground of the great grey owl. They show up early morning, till 10:00 am. And around 15:00 till 18:00-19:00. The hunting area has no trees but only couple of wooden poles. And this kind of flowers. So they use these as perch when waiting for preys. I used a Nikon D4S and Nikkor 600/4 VR lens. Aperture priority. You can walk around the owls they are not scared at all. You can get really close to them.