If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

M R Opp

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was out for the first time with my (finally arrived) 800 mm PF when an individual told me about a GHO nest. I wasn't sure I could find it based on the directions, but I did and it contained three owlets almost as big as mom. Although the light was harsh, the owlets eyes were shaded so I pushed the exposure 1.3 stops. In post, I stopped back down 1-stop as it seemed I didn't really need to bias exposure that much.
GH Owlets.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice shot. The 800PF is great for these types of shots. I didn't know how often I would use it but I'm finding myself using it all the time.

Nice shot. The 800PF is great for these types of shots. I didn't know how often I would use it but I'm finding myself using it all the time.
That's good to hear. I have only been out with it once. My real interest in this lens is for shorebirds, etc. This particular shot I could have probably got with the 400, but obviously would have had to get closer. Haven't tried the 800 with a TC yet.