Greater Yellowlegs In Flight

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SoCal a couple weeks ago. Critiques are appreciated!!
1719356423065.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful bird and beautifully captured.
I agree with Anthony - the brighter parts in the background competes with the bird - and makes your focus turn away from the subject.
having said that, it will be very difficult to tone that down on this background, you could take the higlights down on the BG (mask) in ACR /LR, but it makes very little difference.
There is a light stripe in the top right corner - easy to clone out and I would get rid of that.
I would stick to a standard crop and tighten the image slightly
technically well handled, and a very pleasing image all in all

ps - may I ask what crop size you used - or did you do what felt right for you?

Last edited:
Beautiful bird and beautifully captured.
I agree with Anthony - the brighter parts in the background competes with the bird - and makes your focus turn away from the subject.
having said that, it will be very difficult to tone that down on this background, you could take the higlights down on the BG (mask) in ACR /LR, but it makes very little difference.
There is a light stripe in the top right corner - easy to clone out and I would get rid of that.
I would stick to a standard crop and tighten the image slightly
technically well handled, and a very pleasing image all in all

ps - may I ask what crop size you used - or did you do what felt right for you?
Thanks! I typically don’t use crop ratios, just change it to “custom” and drag until I like it. I feel like the different sizes limit me and I can’t be creative enough and do what I like.,

Back