If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nikon z9 with 600mm PF
Green Heron-7.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

My favorite heron of the three species we have here…. Great shot! I’ve been debating whether or not to get the 600PF or not… you just tipped the scales.😂👍

Thank you Larry, I love the lens and you won't regret buying one.
Good thing too! I have just sold my last 2 long “F” mount lenses, 80-400 & 500PF. I have the Z 400mm 4.5 and was considering jumping the 600 for the 800PF. My thought was that I could switch to DX format and jump to 600mm and keep the f/4.5..🤔 But there would be a pixel loss down to 19-21 range. Certainly a consideration but the big $$$ of the 800 and overall usefulness and portability come into play.

Good thing too! I have just sold my last 2 long “F” mount lenses, 80-400 & 500PF. I have the Z 400mm 4.5 and was considering jumping the 600 for the 800PF. My thought was that I could switch to DX format and jump to 600mm and keep the f/4.5..🤔 But there would be a pixel loss down to 19-21 range. Certainly a consideration but the big $$$ of the 800 and overall usefulness and portability come into play.
I have the 400mm 4.5 and its been a great lens, love the lightweight package and the 600mm is about the same weight as the 400mm plus 1.4TC. A good friend let me try his 800mm and I was probably going to buy one until the 600mm PF was announced and I knew that would be the best fit for me. Also the 600mm takes both TC's very well.

I have the 400mm 4.5 and its been a great lens, love the lightweight package and the 600mm is about the same weight as the 400mm plus 1.4TC. A good friend let me try his 800mm and I was probably going to buy one until the 600mm PF was announced and I knew that would be the best fit for me. Also the 600mm takes both TC's very well.
Thanks! I’ll save some $ and get the 600PF. I have the Z/1.4TC which should round out the long glass….👍