Green-winged Teal Drake in Flight

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

Critiques appreciated. From Orange County, California a few days ago. It was quite a large crop, so the sharpness isn’t great, but I still like the shot.
1677255494208.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Critiques appreciated. From Orange County, California a few days ago. It was quite a large crop, so the sharpness isn’t great, but I still like the shot.
View attachment 55632
Its fantastic! Tough species to get in flight. 2 suggestions:
Doesn't bother me too much, but for this to be perfect, the high wing would be in a position where we could see more of it. Also, in post processing, I would add some micro contrast/clarity and normal contrast to the bird.

I like the colors in the image - not much I can think of for improvements. Maybe trying to extract some detail in the sky using dehaze/texture/etc - not sure it will amount to anything, but worth a shot since there does seem to be a bit of detail in there. Might add a bit of interest... or might not.

Images does seem to lack contrast. Try setting the black and white points. Saturate a bit if necessary. Then judge whether it is beneficial to try further selective sharpening of the head/eye.

I like the colors in the image - not much I can think of for improvements. Maybe trying to extract some detail in the sky using dehaze/texture/etc - not sure it will amount to anything, but worth a shot since there does seem to be a bit of detail in there. Might add a bit of interest... or might not.
Thanks, but that’s not the sky😂. Here’s the screenshot of the raw file.
7DD1CFBC-D06B-45E6-A521-486B7CD49655.jpeg

Images does seem to lack contrast. Try setting the black and white points. Saturate a bit if necessary. Then judge whether it is beneficial to try further selective sharpening of the head/eye.
Here’s a quick edit.
11F732C2-9DB0-40C9-853D-B724DC850FFC.jpeg

Nice shot. The second version is an improvement IMO. The only other suggestion I have is to try cropping a bit from the bottom and see what you think. I'd simply grab the bottom of the crop tool and pull it up about half way to the tip of the wing.

Back