Groucho Marx

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
With those eyebrows this female House Finch reminds me of Groucho Marx. I've never seen similar on a bird before.
I bet she is expert at giving Mister finch the "hairy eyeball". :)

NZ8_6936-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

You've got yourself a truly unique image here Koos. Just for grins I googled female house finch images, and could not find a single image that had this same eyebrow feature. Don't know if that is a juvenile with a bit of leftover down, or if this bird is molting or something else entirely. Either way I've not seen this before and neither has google.

Nicely done!

You've got yourself a truly unique image here Koos. Just for grins I googled female house finch images, and could not find a single image that had this same eyebrow feature. Don't know if that is a juvenile with a bit of leftover down, or if this bird is molting or something else entirely. Either way I've not seen this before and neither has google.

Nicely done!
Thanks, Fred. She must be unique. :)

Back