Half Dome from Ahwahnee Meadow

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jonathan

I noticed the clouds starting to dissipate in the afternoon and hustled over to Ahwahnee Meadow, hoping to get some nice late afternoon light. The clouds broke just right and highlighted the mountain perfectly!

Which do you prefer, the vertical or horizontal photo?

366A7588-HDR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

366A7574-HDR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Both are good, but maybe I like the vertical better.
Thanks! I lean toward the vertical one too.
Both beautiful shots. Normally I prefer narrow FOVs. But in this case I think I prefer the second image. The cliff face on the left channels my attention to the dome. But I'd be happy with either one.
Thank you! In addition to the tighter photo I wanted a composition that included the waterfall too.
Better balance in the second image - although both scenes are great.
Thank you! I had trouble deciding which I liked more, I appreciate the feedback.
Very nice natural scenes. The first one looks as if I am standing there viewing my surroundings. Really like that one best IMHO.
Thanks for the comments!
Both really nice images but I love the water pouring down the Royal Arches wall on the left of the second photo!
Thanks! I read that waterfall is seasonal, typically flowing only in the spring.
Super shots.
Thank you Patrick!

Thanks! I read that waterfall is seasonal, typically flowing only in the spring.
Yeah, it really flows after heavy rainstorms and dries up pretty fast.

I've climbed routes on that wall including the super fun Royal Arches route and more than once gotten chased off in a hurry as rain starts and what begins as a trickle of water turns into an afternoon waterfall :)

Yeah, it really flows after heavy rainstorms and dries up pretty fast.

I've climbed routes on that wall including the super fun Royal Arches route and more than once gotten chased off in a hurry as rain starts and what begins as a trickle of water turns into an afternoon waterfall :)
Seems like a great place for rock climbing! I’ve only ever climbed indoors and messed around a little doing some bouldering. It sure is a great workout!

Back