Happy New Year!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ElenaH

oh, yes... it is a landscape ;-)

_Z7Z9540-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Bearbeitet.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

captured on 01.01.2022 with Z7 and Nikon 28-300mm.
3 pictures added together in Photoshop (layers method). I had luck to have those colourful fireworks on the right.
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year. Beautiful fireworks shot and the lit up church steeple. Great job on the photoshop. Only slightly better than my wildlife Happy Holidays attempt at photoshop;) , if you saw it, you know I am kidding.

The core of each explosion looks like a star. Great work putting such a colorful and beautiful composite together.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!

thank you, @KurtT ! it was not a lot of work in Photoshop. Only three pictures, two of them with "multiply negative" or "lighten" on layers. Only lights are copied then.

thank you, @KurtT ! it was not a lot of work in Photoshop. Only three pictures, two of them with "multiply negative" or "lighten" on layers. Only lights are copied then.
Maybe not alot of work for you but I need to re watch videos as I am a photoshop failure at the moment! See, I wasn't kidding
Gopher.jpg

Last edited:
@KurtT , you are kidding!! 😂
Well, it is tough to use a gopher picture and I needed wildlife in my snowy toyon to qualify for post ( don't want to break rules)....what better application for the melding of them together than as a greeting card. Was more of a cut and paste than layers! Just downloaded the photoshop. I am sure it will be better by next year.

Happy New Years to all on the forum or as we used to call them a long time ago the board. Not attempting to generate well wishes, but New Years is also my birthday, so doubly fun for me. Our 41 year old bachelor son, got married (first marriage) on Dec 28th & our whole family new & old were able to celebrate. Certainly an extraordinary time in our lives with all that’s going on, but life & happiness must prevail. All of that said while deepest condolences to those who have been negatively impacted by life’s events, we’ve been vastly fortunate!
Not only is our new daughter in law a wonderful addition to our family, along with her 11 year old son, she appears to be able to give me some photo pointers as she snapped this shot from her phone while we were out in early November attempting to capture the northern lights in KANSAS! No one can say I’m not up for an occasional challenge.
But back to the issue at large, Happy New Years, hoping for better for all & many many thanks for the multitude of positive assistance & encouragement from this wonderful collection of helping photographers! 🌟
C43ADCBF-53B1-4C8D-AF94-CDBD1723921A.jpeg

@Bill Schone , my best wishes for your birthday and New Year!
Frankly speaking, I don't envy you with the date ;) Everybody is celebrating a New Year and not your birthday. On the other hand you will get the fireworks for free for your birthday! And to count the years is very easy ;-)
In any case I am happy to read about your wonderful time and family events! Especially now, in time of lock-downs we miss such messages! Thank you for sharing!! (y)
(the photo is great by the way :) )

Elena, thank you. I have never minded having my birthday on New Years. Most everyone gets the day off, they have parades & football games all day, it’s all good. I was also the first person born in Topeka that year, so that’s kind of cool! My granddaughter has July 4th for her birthday, that she shares with her other grandfather. Again thank you & very Happy Holidays!

Happy New Years to all on the forum or as we used to call them a long time ago the board. Not attempting to generate well wishes, but New Years is also my birthday, so doubly fun for me. Our 41 year old bachelor son, got married (first marriage) on Dec 28th & our whole family new & old were able to celebrate. Certainly an extraordinary time in our lives with all that’s going on, but life & happiness must prevail. All of that said while deepest condolences to those who have been negatively impacted by life’s events, we’ve been vastly fortunate!
Not only is our new daughter in law a wonderful addition to our family, along with her 11 year old son, she appears to be able to give me some photo pointers as she snapped this shot from her phone while we were out in early November attempting to capture the northern lights in KANSAS! No one can say I’m not up for an occasional challenge.
But back to the issue at large, Happy New Years, hoping for better for all & many many thanks for the multitude of positive assistance & encouragement from this wonderful collection of helping photographers! 🌟View attachment 29907
Love your pic and HappyBday !

Back