Harvesting Soybeans

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gaknott

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Not sure if this is considered landscape or not, but it is a normal part of our landscape this time of year. D850 + 200-500 @ 500 mm. ISO 320, f/5.6, 1/3200

850_4484_2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Lucky buggers have got air-con cabs. As a kid growing up on a "poor man's farm", we had draught horses. At the age of 16, we finally got a Massey Ferguson without the bells and whistles of today's technology. But the thing is, I had a good life and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Really nice, anytime I see something like this it reminds me of home ( I live in a very small farming community) south of the city. Love the shot!

Lucky buggers have got air-con cabs. As a kid growing up on a "poor man's farm", we had draught horses. At the age of 16, we finally got a Massey Ferguson without the bells and whistles of today's technology. But the thing is, I had a good life and wouldn't have changed a thing.
Thanks, Peter. Yes, air conditioned cabs are the norm here now. When I was a kid there were no tractor cabs, just heat, dust and pollen! No regrets, either!

As in a great John Denver song -
“Well life on the farm is kinda laid back
Ain't much an old country boy like me can't hack”
2DFAAF0E-394A-4AA5-AD9C-FDF1ECE97D92.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

while I’m actually a city boy, my wife of 46 years grew up on a far in far western Kansas & as mentioned Kansas is certainly an agricultural state. Lots of changes through the years. Not attempting to piggyback on your thread, but I need to share a picture very precious to us. This is wife’s younger brother, attempting his last harvest as he later past away from cancer, just this past year. The picture was taken by one of his daughters, another daughter assisting him to the combine. So powerful to us. Thank you for allowing me to share.

As in a great John Denver song -
“Well life on the farm is kinda laid back
Ain't much an old country boy like me can't hack”View attachment 9135

while I’m actually a city boy, my wife of 46 years grew up on a far in far western Kansas & as mentioned Kansas is certainly an agricultural state. Lots of changes through the years. Not attempting to piggyback on your thread, but I need to share a picture very precious to us. This is wife’s younger brother, attempting his last harvest as he later past away from cancer, just this past year. The picture was taken by one of his daughters, another daughter assisting him to the combine. So powerful to us. Thank you for allowing me to share.
No problem, Bill! Great photo by his daughter and a very touching story worth sharing!!

Back