Hawk BIF via D6 and 3d

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ssheipel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Last week end I confirmed, by removing the tc 1.4 from my 500 pf, that AF functionality does not work on the D6 when at f8 (assuming that's what was going on with @700 mm = f8). Today again I shot with the 500 without tc on the D6 and AF auto and 3d returned :) Used 3d to track this juvenile Red-tailed Hawk quite nicely when it took off after a Red-winged Blackbird for breakfast. He missed and then the tables were turned and the blackbirds chased him away. (Too far and too many tree branches to even attempt a shoot of the attempted takedown or the get lost chase scene :) ).
[The Z9 is now "waiting for parts" -- problem was that the Nikon folks did not know about the auto go to liveview feature of the LCD so simply weren't understanding me when I was saying the problem I was describing wasn't fixed . I told them I only knew about it and used it because of a pro's (Steve's) tip in his book. In any event the 'connection' break includes three new parts (the LCD was already changed) including a 'board' which is apparently not receiving the 'switch' message, er something :) ]
red tailed hawk immature BIF sized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
red tailed hawk immature perched sized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last week end I confirmed, by removing the tc 1.4 from my 500 pf, that AF functionality does not work on the D6 when at f8 (assuming that's what was going on with @700 mm = f8). Today again I shot with the 500 without tc on the D6 and AF auto and 3d returned :) Used 3d to track this juvenile Red-tailed Hawk quite nicely when it took off after a Red-winged Blackbird for breakfast. He missed and then the tables were turned and the blackbirds chased him away. (Too far and too many tree branches to even attempt a shoot of the attempted takedown or the get lost chase scene :) ).
[The Z9 is now "waiting for parts" -- problem was that the Nikon folks did not know about the auto go to liveview feature of the LCD so simply weren't understanding me when I was saying the problem I was describing wasn't fixed . I told them I only knew about it and used it because of a pro's (Steve's) tip in his book. In any event the 'connection' break includes three new parts (the LCD was already changed) including a 'board' which is apparently not receiving the 'switch' message, er something :) ]
View attachment 58695View attachment 58696
Nice shot Steven👍👍👍

Nice set of images Steven,
Hope you get your Z9 sorted
Gavin
Thanks Gavin. The Z9 awaits parts. In short, despite my describing it, Nikon techs were not aware of the auto jump to liveview when the LCD is pulled from the camra body (in the right mode :) ) and it took a fourth conversation for me to get everybody to the same understanding -- three parts on order including a 'board' -- the switching failure apparently in that board not getting the message, er whatever (luckily no one would ever think to license me as an engineer :) ). Two of the three parts they have, the other is on its way from Japan presumably....

Back