Hawk Shows - Birds Gone!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rick S

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I looked out the bedroom window to see if the Junco was still on the deck and didn't see any birds at all. Scanned the yard and saw why. This Cooper's Hawk was using my Bluebird House as a lookout point. I ran down stairs (hoping it would stay around), grabbed the camera and it was still there. Gently opened the slider, again hoping the squeaking slider wouldn't spook it. Thankfully it stayed a little longer. These are handheld, standing on my tiptoes to get over the deck rail while getting a cramp in my calf. :) I think it is a juvenile. D500/AFs 70-200 VR1.
2022-11-15 BYB_015.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2022-11-15 BYB_020.jpg
2022-11-15 BYB_021.jpg
2022-11-15 BYB_022.jpg

2022-11-15 BYB_023.jpg

I looked out the bedroom window to see if the Junco was still on the deck and didn't see any birds at all. Scanned the yard and saw why. This Cooper's Hawk was using my Bluebird House as a lookout point. I ran down stairs (hoping it would stay around), grabbed the camera and it was still there. Gently opened the slider, again hoping the squeaking slider wouldn't spook it. Thankfully it stayed a little longer. These are handheld, standing on my tiptoes to get over the deck rail while getting a cramp in my calf. :) I think it is a juvenile. D500/AFs 70-200 VR1.
View attachment 49375View attachment 49376View attachment 49377View attachment 49378

View attachment 49379
So true a story. When I see the birds scatter in all directions from feeders, I start looking for the hawk. In refuge was a pullout to view the geese flocks...hundreds, all of a sudden instant pandemonium, then I see the Peregrine falcon swoop thru.

Back