Hawksbill Crag Arkansas

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hawksbill Crag, also known as Whittaker Point, north central Arkansas, part of the Buffalo National River area. Apparently one of the most photographed spots in Arkansas, which I can understand. Hoping for the opportunity to shoot the Milky Way over it at some time. This picture was taken in January of 2006. My how time flies! Lovely area.
F2F92407-2B60-4F89-91AE-34F318B0AF47.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Now this gives me the creeps! there is no way I will stand there, o_O on that suicide rock!
But there is no denying that it is beautiful!

Very nice image, Bill. A brave soul standing on the tip there.....
Hey guys thanks. That brave soul is my wife, but in spite of how it looks. It is huge when you get to it. She wasn’t afraid &/I didn’t make her go out there. When you’re on it you’d never know that’s what it looks like. HOWEVER, we did have a young man from our area fall from a cliff right around the Crag that didn’t survive. Very sad situation. But being careful it’s not a problem. Thanks again!

Back