Helicon Focus VS Zerene software

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I’ve been using the pro version of Helicon for 3 years and while it’s much faster than photoshop for stacking, the results have been mixed. It normally takes several rendering attempts and even further touching up in photoshop to get the desired results. I’ve seen some guys on here mention Zerene so I downloaded a trial version today. I sent a couple stacked through and to my surprise it seems to render a better result by far over Helicon Focus. If anyone has tried both of these programs and came to the same conclusion, please let me know.

I am very interested to know this too. I have Helicon and sometimes it comes out looking very strange. Photoshop often gives me funny bits floating in space. Helicon is better than Ps but I am not entirely happy with it!

I am very interested to know this too. I have Helicon and sometimes it comes out looking very strange. Photoshop often gives me funny bits floating in space. Helicon is better than Ps but I am not entirely happy with it!
I’ve tried Zerene a couple times over the last couple days and it really seems to do better. It’s just a trial version but it certainly has less of the halo that helicon nearly always leaves.

You should buy Steve's course. Check the Store.

He does a really nice job of walking through each program, as well as how to clean up and edit images. Spoiler - Zyrene and Helicon are very close and it still will take some work on your files to get the best results.

Back